HR & Talent Business Partner (m/f/d)
Start date: Immediate
Established in 2010, we have built our way up to becoming a leading tech investor in Europe with €70+ million under management and a portfolio of over 25 companies in different growth stages from all over Europe. We are passionate about backing visionary, exceptionally talented but at the same time humble founders and have been fortunate to work with founding teams of companies, such as Pipedrive, Stripe, Detectify, Wandelbots and many more. Our approach as a VC is very service-oriented, providing full support through a proactive partnership, such as operational help in core business development tasks and support in HR & recruiting processes.
We are a small and ambitious team, that values a great working culture and whose daily work is characterized by flat hierarchies and open communication.
About the role:
As HR & Talent Business Partner, you will complement the Investment team with your broad experience in the field of Human Resources and/or Talent Acquisition. You will lead and train a Junior HR Manager and together, you will build a strong task force which will help our portfolio companies to build up HR & Recruiting in an exemplary manner and ensure, that they not only attract and hire the best talents, but also retain and develop the most important asset they are having: their employees!
On a day-to-day basis, you can expect the following:
- You are a strategic Business & Sparring Partner to both the founders & HR leaders of our 25 portfolio companies, but also to the team members of Paua Ventures - concerning all HR & Recruiting related matters
- Additionally, you are a coach, mentor, leader, trainer and trusted partner ;-)
- Together with your Junior HR Manager, you will help our portfolio companies to set up HR & Recruiting processes and structures, provide hands on support in Talent Acquisition, recommend & implement tools and advise them on labor law topics
- On a regular basis, you will be visiting our portfolio companies within Germany and the EU, working side-by-side with the founders and the HR/Recruiting teams on both strategic and operational topics, gain insight into their culture and help them build healthy organizations
- You will identify the best service providers (e.g. tool providers, job platforms or headhunters) and negotiate portfolio deals for our portfolio companies
- Over time, you will build a strong network and talent pool and continuously nurture the relationships with top universities (Business & Tech) in Germany and the EU
- You will create an extensive template base (e.g. contracts, guidelines, checklists, e-mail templates), which will help our portfolio companies to get up to speed very quickly
You are the perfect fit, if:
- You have 3+ years of working experience in a Talent Acquisition and/or Human Resources function within a lean and fast-paced work environment, ideally a start-up, Company Builder or VC
- You are well organized, have excellent time management and can easily juggle the needs of different stakeholders
- You are passionate about recruiting and creating an amazing candidate experience
- You are an effective communicator and natural relationship builder who can collaborate with a variety of work styles and personalities
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to work with a very high level of confidentiality and discretion
- A plus, but not a must: a comprehensive knowledge of German labor laws
- Fluency in German and English
Does this sound like you?
Then we’d love to hear from you! Please send us your CV and let us know about your earliest possible starting date.
Sounds like a dream job, but maybe not for yourself? We would appreciate, if you would share our job description with your friends and your network.